A Time for Giving

     Every year on December 25, people celebrate Christmas. The event commemorates the anniversary of Jesus' birth. Christmas is a time for joy and love, and on this day, people desire for each other to be free of all negativity and evil. Also Thanksgiving through Christmas are festive and joyful times in everyone's lives.


      During my Christmas vacation, I began to decorate our house with Christmas lights, etc. My mother brought me to her office for the Christmas program, and I received money from her officemates. On December 16, I attended the Misa de Aguinaldo in our barangay and completed it. On December 25, I wake up early to greet my family and relatives and receive a gift from my grandmother, grandfather, aunties, and uncle. This is a special day to me because I received a gift that I did not expect to receive, and after that, me and my family went to the church to celebrate the birth of Jesus.


    I finally realized how wonderful it was to spend more time with my family after many years. In essence, Christmas serves as a reminder of the importance of remaining true to our humanity. In other words, through celebration, we are essentially able to recall Jesus and his life lessons, and we are reminded to share, donate to the less fortunate, spend time with loved ones, and have a happy outlook.

Reference:
N/A

Comments